Y-Explorers Phoenix Nation Chief Kristin Garuba &MedTaus Amy Allemann and Christine Hamel,invite you to join the fun and adventure this 2016-2017 season! Hoya Hoya!
- Y-Explorers ~ Phoenix Nation ~ Welcome Letter!
- Y-Explorers ~ Calendar of Events for 2016-2017 Season
- Y-Explorers 2016-2017 Season Registration Form
- Medical Waiver ~ Required Annually
- Adventure Clubs Code of Conduct ~ Required Annually
- When registering for the Y-Explorers,please call or come by to pay the Annual Joining Fee – this cannot be done online. After you have paid the Annual Joining Fee,you may access campout registration online. You may also register in person or by calling the YMCA Registration Desk at 760-635-3050.
- The Adventure Club Annual Joining Fee is for the Adventure Club Program. It is not a YMCA membership. The Joining Fee is waived with a Y Family Membership (Family Membership@ any San Diego County Y). The Adventure Club Annual Joining Fee can only be refunded 30 days after original purchase.
registration is critical for planning purposes! Please,
don't forget to register early! You will receive the Early Bird pricing
when you register by Monday 7pm, the week of the scheduled campout.
Price will increase $10 per person after this date/time.
- Cancellations must be made by 6:00 pm no later than Tuesday the week of the event in order to receive a refund or credit. (unless otherwise stated) If you must cancel after this date/time due to illness, a doctor's note is required and must be forwarded by Tuesday. Some trips will have specific registration and cancellation dates. Please refer to event emails, for this information, as well as updates.
- Please remember that venue locations, dates, and pricing are subject to change. All scheduled events will take place rain or shine, unless otherwise notified.
- As an Adventure Club participant, you must agree to and follow the Adventure Club Code of conduct, as well as, all YMCA Campground Rules and Regulations.
TO REGISTER FOR CAMPOUTS CLICK ON THE MONTHS BELOW
- Y-Explorers ~ Phoenix Nation ~ Welcome Letter
- Y-Explorers ~ 2016-2017 Calendar of Events
- Y-Explores ~ 2016-2017 Registration Form
SPECIAL EVENTS & ADDITIONAL VENUE INFO:
Y-Explorers and Guides: 1-3pm
Free Event, no registration required!
Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA Corral Area
Family Bonus Event - Padres vs. Rockies Baseball Game
Sunday, September 11, 2016, 1:40pmKids Fest! Events/Hotdogs/drinks included
Saturday, March 4, 2017
Event date just for Moms and Sons!
August 27, 2016Opening Day
SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2016San Elijo State Beach
New to the YEX calendar, this year, is a local favorite... San Elijo State Beach. This very popular bluff-top campground is located just north of the San Elijo Creek inlet. Several stairways at the campground lead down to the beach. This is one of the most picturesque beaches in Southern California, with plenty of sand, surf, and tide pools to explore.
OCTOBER 14-16, 2016
William Heise Campground
Join the Y-Explorers for camping at William Heise Campground, near Julian. You will be camping in cabins at this lovely mountain location. Close to the darling little town of Julian with lovely trails and mountain flora and fauna.
NOVEMBER 4-6, 2016
JANUARY 14-15, 2017
San Diego Historical Center, Sleepover
The program theme for this adventure is "Serra Sleepover Museum Overnight". Y-Explorers will be taken on a journey through the four cultures that established Presidio Hill, and the beginnings of San Diego as we know it today. The four cultures, to be explored, are Kumeyaay, Spanish, Mexican and Early American. The guided activities will take our group through San Diego's past and within the cultures that flourished in and around Presidio Hill. The evening meal will be catered from El Indio Mexican Restaurant. Sleeping arrangements, Saturday evening, will be in the main gallery space inside of the museum. Continued activities and a small breakfast will be provided early Sunday morning.
FEBRUARY 10-12, 2017
Camp Whittle, Big Bear, CA
YMCA Camp Whittle
is located in Fawnskin, approximately 2 miles from Big Bear Lake and 2 hours and 45 minutes from
Encinitas in the beautiful San Bernardino mountains of Southern
California.There is snow in Big Bear with more to come before your event
weekend. Activities may include archery, arts and crafts, a low and high
elements challenge course, climbing tower, hiking, high ropes, and snowshoeing
(all activities weather dependent) Most activities are provided even if there is snow on the ground! . Also close by in the town of Big
Bear, shopping, dining, skiing, and the Big Bear Discovery Ctr. Meals Saturday breakfast to Sunday breakfast included.
MARCH 24-26, 2017
Joshua Tree, Indian Cove
Joshua Tree is located about 1
hour east of Palm Springs and offers Joshua tree forests, magical rock
formations, great hiking, camping & rock climbing. This is a classic
car camping experience with picnic tables, fire rings and toilets. There is an optional guided climbing excursion on Saturday.
APRIL 7-9, 2017
Lake Skinner is nestled in the rolling hills of Winchester. Lake Skinner Recreation Area offers wide-open natural vistas and invigorating recreational opportunities, including camping, picnicking, hiking, and fishing. Located just a few short miles east of Temecula, Lake Skinner has a 6 mile hiking trail around the park perimeter, two playgrounds and lots of grassy areas for nation activities.
MAY 5-7, 2017
Two Harbors, Catalina