Welcome to an exciting season of fun and adventure with the Trail Blazers program. You and your son are in for an epic season. This year 's Trail Blazers Leadership Team, Geoff Doyle, Jason Vroom, and Scott Hood, would like to welcome you to the season.
- 2016-2017 Trail Blazers Welcome Letter.
- Trail Blazers 2016-2017 Calendar of Events
- 2016-2017 Trail Blazers Registration Form
- Medical Waiver ~ Required Annually
- Adventure Clubs Code of Conduct ~ Required Annually
- When registering for the Trailblazers, please call or come
by to pay the Annual Joining Fee – this cannot be done online. After
you have paid the Annual Joining Fee, you may access campout
registration online. You may also register in person or by calling the
YMCA Registration Desk at 760-635-3050.
- The Adventure Club Annual Joining Fee is for the Adventure Club Program. It is not a YMCA membership. The Joining Fee is waived with a Y Family Membership (Family Membership@ any San Diego County Y). The Adventure Club Annual Joining Fee can only be refunded 30 days after original purchase.
registration is critical for planning purposes! Please,
don' t forget to register early! You will receive the Early Bird pricing when you register by Monday 7pm,the week of the scheduled campout. Price will increase $10 per person after this date/time.
- Cancellations must be made by 6:00 pm no later than Tuesday the week of the event in order to receive a refund or credit. (unless otherwise stated) If you must cancel after this date/time due to illness,a doctor 's note is required and must be forwarded by Tuesday. Some trips will have specific registration and cancellation dates. Please refer to event emails, for this information, as well as updates.
- Please remember that venue locations, dates, and pricing are subject to change. All scheduled events will take place rain or shine, unless otherwise notified.
- As an Advenutre Club participant, you must agree to and follow the Adventure Club Code of conduct, as well as, all YMCA Campground Rules and Regulations.
REGISTER FOR CAMPOUTS CLICK ON THE MONTHS BELOW
- Trail Blazers' 2016-2017 Welcome Letter
- Trail Blazers ' Calendar Of Events 2016-2017
- Trail Blazers' 2016-2017 Registration Form
- *Adventure Clubs Code of Conduct ~complete annually
- *Medical Waiver ~ complete annually
SPECIAL EVENTS & ADDITIONAL VENUE INFO:
Trail Blazers and Guides: 1-3:00 pm
Free Event, no registration required!
Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA Corral Area
PADRES VS. ROCKIES FLYER
Sunday, September 11, 2016, 1:40pm
USS MIDWAY FLYER
Kids Fest! Events/Hotdogs/drinks included
Family Bonus Event - USS Midway Overnight
Saturday, October 7, 2016
SEPTEMBER 10, 2016
Indoor Skydiving, Perris, CA
OCTOBER 7-9, 2016
Black Canyon Canoe Trip
NOVEMBER 5, 2016
Paintball Day Event
More info to come!
JANUARY 27-29, 2017
Pine Summit is known for its resort style amenities. Located in Big Bear Lake, CA, the area is rich with pine and oak forests which flourish in an alpine environment. At Pine Summit Trail Blazers will be lodging in a house cabin. The cabin includes all the comforts of home! Living room complete with fireplace, fully equipped kitchen with microwave and refrigerator, awesome porches and more! You’ll find the floor plan in the cabin to have plenty of variety including a combination of bed styles from bunk beds, to twins, to super comfortable queen size beds; linens included with each cabin! These cabins are located on the outskirts of Camp Summit, giving you privacy and seclusion, without being too far away from all of the activities. Meals will be prepared on your own in the cabin’s fully equipped kitchen. There is a $10 per person food budget included in your event price. Activity options range from; Intermediate Ropes Course, Archery, BB rifles, Ziplines, Climbing Wall, Bungee Run, Jacobs Ladder Challenge, Human Foosball, and so much more. If there is snow, they have a hand-carved snow tube run! Complete with berms and jumps that are sno-totally-awesome! They have the tubes and everything, so all you have to do is sno-up. Paintball is only available for those 12yrs old and older. Most activities are provided even if there is snow on the ground!
FEBRUARY 24-26, 2017
Death Valley National Park is a land of extremes. It is home
to the lowest elevation in the western hemisphere, as well as 11,000-foot
mountain peaks, five different sand dune complexes with mounds as high as 600
feet, colorful arroyos, slot canyons and salt flats. It is the site of many of the most famous
scenes in the Star War movies! Death Valley is the most famous and unusual
desert in North America. You will be camping at Furnace Creek Campground in the center
of the valley and will tour the park by car and foot. You may take a break from hiking and go for a
swim and shower at Furnace Creek Ranch. This Death Valley campout is an outdoor tent camping
experience; Campsites have water, tables, and fire pits. Pack a low-profile
tent in case of wind. There is a park entrance fee per car.
APRIL 1, 2017
Zip Zoom Zipline - Day Event
April 28-30, 2017
Idyllwild Park campground is located in the San Jacinto Mountains just a short walk to the little town of Idyllwild. It has 202 acres of beautiful open space, nestled within a mature forest. There are many hiking trails and a Nature Center. Nearby Lake Fulmor and Lake Hemet both offer fishing opportunities (on your own). The park's well tended campground has lovely forested campsites. Idyllwild is just a two hour drive from San Diego and sits at an elevation of 5,400 ft.
June, 1-4, 2017
Kern River Camping and White Water Rafting
The last adventure of the year takes you to the southern Sierra Nevada mountains for exciting white water rafting, camping and fishing. The spring melt offers a limited window of exciting whitewater on the Kern River. There are 2 rafting options on Saturday or choose camping only:Lickety Blaster: 2.5 hour ride on class 1-3 rapids. Ideal for younger kids and first time rafters. Must be age 6+/50lbs.
Upper Kern: 1/2 day trip with class 1-5 rapids for more adventurous rafters. Must be age 12+/100 lbs.