Every Gift Makes A Difference
- ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y uses each gift to make a meaningful, enduring impact right in our own neighborhood. That means that all gifts to the Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA remain at our branch and are used to support the children and families in our community. Click on the link above to learn more about our community outreach.
- HERITAGE CLUB
A contribution to the Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA Endowment Fund signifies an investment in our future and ensures that children, families and seniors will continue to benefit from our programs and services for years to come. Through their foresight, endowment donors solidify the YMCA's greatness for tomorrow by establishing a gift commitment today. Those individuals who contribute a gift of $1,000 or more to the Endowment Fund qualify for membership in the YMCA Heritage Club. Benefits of Heritage Club membership include invitations to a spectacular Annual Dinner with Heritage Club members from throughout San Diego County and other special events, exclusive publications, special recognition and the rewarding feeling the comes with sustaining the future of the YMCA.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
The Financial Assistance Program provides scholarships to nearly 3,000 low-income children, families and seniors every year to allow them to come to the YMCA and add meaning to their lives, whether it is through improving their physical health, strengthening their families or developing lifelong friendships. Our YMCA also partners with local community organizations to provide scholarships to children who have faced tremendous barriers during their short lives, such as poverty, abuse or the loss of a parent. These organizations include:
- Casa de Amistad: An educational assistance program for low-income Hispanic youth, ages 5-18 years.
- Casa de Amparo: A shelter for children who have been victim of abuse and neglect.
- Community Resource Center, Encinitas: A shelter for victims of domestic violence and their children.
- Inclusion Program: A program to mainstream children with special needs into our camps.
- Kinship Support Services: A support program for relative caregivers.
- Migrant Family Education Program: A program offering recreational opportunities to the children of local migrant workers.
- Camp Operation Appreciation: A free one-week camp for the children of deployed military personnel stationed at Camp Pendleton.
- Los Angelitos de Encinitas, Inc.: A local program facilitating children's involvement in sports and after school programs.
- BECOME A MAJOR DONOR
Help us improve and expand our facilities by making a substantial gift to one of our many projects or programs. Special naming and recognition opportunities are available. Please contact the Office of Giving at 760.942.9622 ext. 1014 for more details about our current projects and major gift opportunities.
- POINSETTIA BALL
Annual December Gala with Dinner, Dancing and Giving which supports our Financial Assistance Programs.
- ROOF RAISERS
Annual golf and dinner event helping fund future YMCA renovation projects that improve the lives of children, families and seniors.
Ten hour studio cycling event made up of 40 teams and over 300 participants all riding to raise money for our YMCA's Annual Giving Campaign.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS
Support our efforts to improve and expand our facilities.
- MAKE A MATCHING GIFT
Matching gifts allow you to double the value of your contribution to our YMCA at no cost to you. More than 1,000 corporations nationwide offer programs that match the gifts made by their employees to non-profit organizations.
Click here for a partial list of corporations that offer matching gift programs, or contact your Human Resources Department for more details.
For more information please contact Emily Figueiredo at 760.942.9622 ext 1014 or [email protected].